- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spinach. Cook about 5 minutes
- or until all the water has evaporated and the spinach starts to
- stick to the pan, stirring constantly,. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In the same skillet, brown meat; drain and add to spinach mixture.
- Stir in the cheese, cream, eggs, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Set aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Cut each
- noodle in half widthwise; spread out noodles side by side on a large
- piece of foil. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of filling at one end of
- noodle; roll up. Repeat with remaining noodles and filling.
- Pour about 1 cup of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Place two rolls, seam side down, vertically on both
- sides of the baking dish. Place remaining rolls in four rows of
- three rolls each; set aside.
- For cream sauce, melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat;
- stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a
- boil, cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from
- heat; season with salt and pepper. Spread cream sauce over lasagna
- rolls. Cover with remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375°, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until hot and
- bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 443 calories, 28 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 817 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.