Cannellini Spinach Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, pasta and beans. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 157 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.