Virgie Praglowski of Torrance, California puts a hearty spin on spinach salad with the addition of white beans and pasta shells in her pretty side dish.
- 8 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, pasta and beans. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cannellini Spinach Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p59
Reviews for Cannellini Spinach Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review