Cannellini Comfort Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage in oil for 2 minutes. Add green pepper and onion. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic: cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, wine, Italian seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in beans and coleslaw mix. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until beans are heated through and cabbage is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 251 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 939 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Cannellini Comfort Soup
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.