Cannellini Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery ribs with leaves, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the beans, celery, red onion, red pepper, parsley and green onions. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup: 145 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Cannellini Bean Salad
"I try new recipes all the time and ask friends if they think I should make again. If they like it, then I keep the recipes and use it again. 7 out of 7 people agreed this was a "keeper"."
"I'm a fan! I normally don't like beans or bean salad but this was really good! Balsamic was a nice change from red wine vinegar...definitely will make again!"
"This was very good. I loved it."
"EZ to fix, great side for a summer meal. I served this with baked BBQ chicken thighs, cucumber strips, sliced tomatoes, and honey-glazed carrots.Whole family liked it, and I shared the recipe, too!!"