Cannellini Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery ribs with leaves, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the beans, celery, red onion, red pepper, parsley and green onions. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 7 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 145 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.