Cannellini Bean Salad Recipe
Here's a perfect side dish for a backyard picnic or barbecue. Celery and red pepper accent this bean salad that's dressed with a mild oil and vinegar dressing. Dorothy Majewski of Vienna, Virginia shares the recipe.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery ribs with leaves, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the beans, celery, red onion, red pepper, parsley and green onions. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Cannellini Bean Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p49
Reviews for Cannellini Bean Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2011
This was very good. I loved it.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2008
EZ to fix, great side for a summer meal. I served this with baked BBQ chicken thighs, cucumber strips, sliced tomatoes, and honey-glazed carrots.
Whole family liked it, and I shared the recipe, too!!