Cannellini Bean Hummus
Try serving this dip with various veggies or pita bread slices.—Marina Castle, North Hollywood, California
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Pita breads, cut into wedges
- Place garlic in a food processor; cover and process until minced. Add
- the beans, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper flakes; cover
- and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl; stir in parsley. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with pita wedges. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without pita bread) equals 78 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.