Cannellini Bean Hummus Recipe
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Pita breads, cut into wedges
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. Place garlic in a food processor; cover and process until minced. Add the beans, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper flakes; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in parsley. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita wedges and assorted fresh vegetables. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoon (calculated without pita bread or vegetables): 78 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cannellini Bean Hummus
"Easy and tasty. I did add a tablespoon of olive oil and a half teaspoon of sesame oil to increase the rich taste."
"Easy, delicious summer snack!"
"Very good! I needed to add a little olive oil to make it creamier. I also added in some lemon zest. My kids are eating it up!"