- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Pita breads, cut into wedges
- Place garlic in a food processor; cover and process until minced. Add the beans, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper flakes; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl; stir in parsley. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita wedges. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Cannellini Bean Hummus in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p227
Reviews for Cannellini Bean Hummus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2013
Easy, delicious summer snack!
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2011
Very good! I needed to add a little olive oil to make it creamier. I also added in some lemon zest. My kids are eating it up!