Cannellini 'n' Onion Linguine Recipe
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 10 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 can (19 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, cook onions in butter and oil until tender. Add wine or broth and brown sugar; cook 5 minutes longer. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Add the beans, broth, garlic, basil and pepper to the onions; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Drain linguine; toss with onion mixture. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 332 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Cannellini 'n' Onion Linguine
"I think it was a little bland. If I make it again, I think I'll add some sun dried tomatoes or maybe some peas and fresh basil instead of dried."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.