Canned Blueberry Jam
Summer doesn't feel complete without at least one berry picking trip and a batch of homemade blueberry jam. Eat atop fresh scones or biscuits for maximum enjoyment! —Marisa McClellan, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
72 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Process: 10 min./batch
- 8 cups fresh blueberries
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- Place blueberries in a food processor; cover and process until
- blended. Transfer to a stockpot. Stir in the sugar, lemon juice,
- cinnamon, lemon peel and nutmeg. Bring to a full rolling boil over
- high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Boil for 1 minute,
- stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot
- sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air
- bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a
- boiling-water canner. Yield: 9 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 74 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.