Cane Pole Corn Muffin Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 6 whole chives
- 6 pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup miniature fish-shaped crackers
- 1/3 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1. Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions for muffins; stir in the cheddar cheese, jalapeno and minced chives.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For fishing poles, tie one end of a piece of chive to each pretzel stick and the other end to a fish cracker. Spread muffin tops with cream cheese. Insert a fishing pole into each muffin. Place on a serving platter. Sprinkle remaining fish crackers on platter. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cane Pole Corn Muffin
"What a cute idea! This would be a fun to make with blue frosted cupcakes too. Pull and peel licorice could be used in place of the chives."