Candy-Topped Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup M&M's minis
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 9-in. square pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Pour over warm crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle with M&M's. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 226 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Candy-Topped Bars
"This is delicious! These bars are SO good, and easier to eat and make than a regular cheesecake. Instead of using M&M's , try using mini chocolate chips. I also left out the step for reserving 1/2 cup for topping. You do not taste it much on the top so I put all the crust on the bottom. I will make this again- it was a great recipe!"