Candy Explosion Cake Recipe
- Two-layer cake of your choice (9 inches)
- Chocolate frosting of your choice
- Assorted chocolate candies: hugs, kisses, white baking chips, chocolate chips, milk and dark chocolate candies, Sno-Caps, chocolate-covered nougats, miniature peanut butter cups and fun-size Twix and Kit Kat bars
- Place cake on a serving platter; spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Top with the chocolate candies of your choice. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Candy Explosion Cake(3)
Sort By :
This cake was a hit at work! They didn't believe I made it-it is so bakery-shop-professional looking! I used chocolate butter-cream icing. It was a hit!
Recipe was perfect. Use a combination of milk and dark chocolate for the best color contrast on top. NOTE: Be sure the top of your cake is not domed or the candy will slowly slide off the cake due to it's weight. Level the top of your cake!
Made this cake for my grandson's 8th b'day. He and all his friends loved it. Since I didn't have choc. cake mix in the house,I used a red velvet cake mix, and I spread a little seedless raspberry jam in the middle before I frosted the bottom layer.
As for the candy... I went to a candy store that carried all the old fashioned candies that I grew up with, and decorated the top with those. What fun !! If you go the candy store route,it can get "pricey" for the toppings..... but when it's your grandchild, money is no object !! This is a special occasion cake.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >