Candy Easter Eggs
I got this delightful a old fashioned recipe from my mother-in-law. She produced many variations from this basic recipe, combining different flavored extracts with specific coloring. —Theresa Stewart
36 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cold mashed potatoes (prepared without added milk and butter)
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Colored sprinkles
- In a bowl, cream butter. Beat in mashed potatoes. Gradually add the
- confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth. Add coconut and vanilla;
- mix well. Shape into 1-in. ovals; place on baking sheets.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating. Dip ovals in coating; allow
- excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles. Place on waxed paper;
- let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 9 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 207 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.