Candy Easter Eggs Recipe
I got this delightful a old fashioned recipe from my mother-in-law. She produced many variations from this basic recipe, combining different flavored extracts with specific coloring. —Theresa Stewart Melfort, Saskatchewan
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cold mashed potatoes (prepared without added milk and butter)
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Colored sprinkles
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter. Beat in mashed potatoes. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth. Add coconut and vanilla; mix well. Shape into 1-in. ovals; place on baking sheets. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- 2. In a microwave, melt candy coating. Dip ovals in coating; allow excess to drip off. Decorate with sprinkles. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 9 dozen.
3 each: 207 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Candy Easter Eggs
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2008
"Easy to make and very good."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC