Celebrate the season with a savory touch! These candy corn triangles will be a smash with kids, and the flavor will win over adults. Let kids join in the fun by filling a bag with the nacho tortilla chips to crush with a rolling pin while you do the rest. —Marie Parker, Milwaukee, WI
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cut up
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 jar (15-1/2 ounces) salsa con queso dip, warmed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2-2/3 cups crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; heat through, stirring occasionally. Brush butter over one side of each tortilla.
- Place one tortilla in a large skillet, buttered side down. Spread with 1 cup chicken mixture; top with another tortilla, buttered side up. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Turn quesadilla.
- Spread 1/2 cup queso dip over quesadilla; carefully sprinkle cheese along outer edge. Cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove to a cutting board. Sprinkle crushed chips over queso dip. Cut quesadilla into six wedges. Place a small dollop of sour cream at the point of each wedge. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Candy Corn Quesadillas in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p11
Reviews for Candy Corn Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review