- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Yellow and orange paste food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Tint one portion yellow. Divide remaining dough into two-thirds and one-third portions. Color the larger portion orange; leave smaller portion white.
- Shape each portion of dough into two 8-in. logs. Flatten top and push sides in at a slight angle. Place orange logs on yellow logs; push the sides in at a slight angle. Top with white logs; form a rounded top. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Candy Corn Cookies
"So easy to cut after the log is shaped! This type of sugar cookie is one of my favorites and it looks so cute! Neighbors, coworkers, family, friends - everyone loves the look and taste of these! I've made them for several years now!"
"I shaped the dough somewhat while in the log, but had better luck at individually shaping each cookie once it was on the cookie sheet. These were really cute; not very difficult to make just a little more time consuming."
"Thanks for catching our error - but we apologize for it. The cookies should be sliced 1/4-in. thick. It will be corrected here soon.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"These cookies are so cute. There is a typo. You need to cut them 1/4 inch slices to get 5 dozen cookies."
"These cookies are so cute. It must be a typo error. The cookie recipe should read cut 1/4 inch in order to get 5 dozen cookies."