Candy Corn Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Yellow and orange paste food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Tint one portion yellow. Divide remaining dough into two-thirds and one-third portions. Color the larger portion orange; leave smaller portion white.
- Shape each portion of dough into two 8-in. logs. Flatten top and push sides in at a slight angle. Place orange logs on yellow logs; push the sides in at a slight angle. Top with white logs; form a rounded top. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Candy Corn Cookies(6)
Sort By :
So easy to cut after the log is shaped! This type of sugar cookie is one of my favorites and it looks so cute! Neighbors, coworkers, family, friends - everyone loves the look and taste of these! I've made them for several years now!
I shaped the dough somewhat while in the log, but had better luck at individually shaping each cookie once it was on the cookie sheet. These were really cute; not very difficult to make just a little more time consuming.
Thanks for catching our error - but we apologize for it. The cookies should be sliced 1/4-in. thick. It will be corrected here soon.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
These cookies are so cute. There is a typo. You need to cut them 1/4 inch slices to get 5 dozen cookies.
These cookies are so cute. It must be a typo error. The cookie recipe should read cut 1/4 inch in order to get 5 dozen cookies.