Candy Corn Cheese Spread Recipe
- 3/4 cup finely crushed yellow tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons sour cream, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Press parchment paper onto the bottom of a 1-qt. round baking dish. In a bowl, combine crushed chips and butter; press into prepared dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sour cream, egg, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and cumin. Stir in chilies and cheese blend. Spoon evenly over warm crust.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes; run a knife around edge and invert onto a serving platter. Carefully remove parchment paper.
- 4. Place remaining sour cream in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe a large candy corn shape; sprinkle with remaining chili powder. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 117 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Candy Corn Cheese Spread
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.