Getting my kids to eat vegetables was a problem for me... until I came up with this recipe that easily dresses up carrots with a sweet, tangy glaze.Lavonne Hartel, Williston, North Dakota
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until
- crisp-tender; drain and keep warm. In the same saucepan, cook butter
- and brown sugar until bubbly. Stir in lemon juice, pepper sauce and
- salt. Return carrots to pan and heat through. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 128 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.