Candy Chip Bar Cookies Recipe
I try to cut back on the saturated fats and trans fats my family consumes. So I fix these sweet homemade bars, which have less fat than the commercial baked goods. -Wendy Budlong of Acton, Massachusetts
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:18 servings
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Sugar substitute equal to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup M&M's minis
- 1. In a bowl, combine the oil, brown sugar, sugar substitute, peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Stir in M&M's.
- 2. Spread in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
One piece equals 204 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC