Candy Cereal Treats Recipe
These scrumptious bars travel well and are loved by kids of all ages. — Janet Shearer, Jackson, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (do not overmix).
- 2. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For topping, in a large saucepan, combine the corn syrup, butter and peanut butter chips. Cook and stir over medium heat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla, cereal, nuts and M&M's. Spread over crust. Cool before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 298 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC