Candy Cane Truffle Lollipops Recipe
Let these too-cute truffle "lollipops" double as a festive treat and table topper. Refreshing peppermint and smooth and creamy chocolate make the perfect pair.
- 84 miniature candy canes, divided
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. Remove hooks from 24 candy canes; set aside sticks. Crush hooks and remaining candy canes.
- 2. Place 2 cups chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and 3/4 cup crushed candy canes to a boil; cook and stir until candy canes are melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until firm.
- 3. Shape chocolate mixture into 24 balls; insert a candy cane stick into each truffle. In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Roll in remaining crushed candy canes. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 lollipop: 209 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Candy Cane Truffle Lollipops
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC