- sugar cube with a candy cane shape.
- Let dry at room temperature for at least 2 hours or overnight before
- painting stripes on canes. (For faster drying, heat oven to
- 150°, turn oven off and place tray of cubes in oven for 1 hour.)
- For stripes, add 1/8 teaspoon water to 1 teaspoon icing. Add enough
- red food coloring to make a dark red. With paintbrush, add stripes
- to canes. Let stand until dry. Yield: 10-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with C&H white sugar cubes. Meringue powder is available from Wilton Industries. Call 1-800/794-5866 or visit www.wilton.com.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sugar cube equals 22 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.