Candy Cane Snowballs
I bake dozens of different kinds of Christmas cookies to give to family and friends. I came up with this recipe when I had leftover candy canes I wanted to use up. The snowballs are dipped in a white candy coating, then into crushed peppermint candy.
30 ServingsPrep: 25 + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir
- in pecans. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth. Dip the top of
- each cookie into the candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Dip
- into peppermint candy. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Yield: 5 dozen.