Candy Cane Parfaits
To complete the meal, Bissy assembles festive Candy Cane Parfaits. "No one ever guesses that five ingredients are all it takes to make these layered holiday desserts," she shares. A sprinkling of crushed candy canes is the refreshing final touch to the single-serving sweets.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 24 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 candy canes, crushed
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide half of the cookie crumbs among six parfait glasses. Layer
- with half of the pudding and whipped topping. Repeat cookie and
- pudding layers. Dollop with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with
- candy canes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 471 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 609 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.