Candy Cane Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candy
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in honey and salt until combined. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and extract. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Add candy the last 3 minutes of freezing. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
1/2 cup: 334 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Candy Cane Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.