Candy Cane Fudge Recipe
Everyone enjoys fudge, especially around the holidays, so I created this easy recipe. Store it in the refrigerator for a refreshingly cool treat.—Vicki VanValkenburg, Demorest, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:64 servings
- 1 teaspoon plus 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 39 miniature candy canes, crushed (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle with half of the crushed candy; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in 2/3 cup milk. Carefully pour over candy layer in prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine white baking chocolate and remaining butter. Microwave on high for 40-50 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in the cream of tartar, remaining milk and candy. Spread over chocolate layer.
- 4. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from pan. Invert onto a cutting board; remove foil. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 1-3/4 pounds.
1 piece equals 69 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC