- 1 teaspoon plus 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 39 miniature candy canes, crushed (about 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle with half of the crushed candy; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in 2/3 cup milk. Carefully pour over candy layer in prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine white baking chocolate and remaining butter. Microwave on high for 40-50 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in the cream of tartar, remaining milk and candy. Spread over chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from pan. Invert onto a cutting board; remove foil. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 1-3/4 pounds.
Reviews for Candy Cane Fudge
Sort By :
So yummy ... I substituted the candy for fresh sliced strawberry and it was great !!!
So a friend told me that I probably used condensed milk instead of sweetened condensed milk, and she was right. I tried it again with the right stuff, and it worked. This is a very good recipe. I was very happy with the new results!
I made2 separate batches, the pictures looked so good! Neither one got firm. The next morning, both were still liquid. Maybe the cream of tartar needed to be cooked in the white chocolate? I was very disappointed.
This is a new family favorite! I made these as part of an assortment of cookies and candies given as gifts this year. They look so festive and the flavor is outstanding. We'll definitely be making these again...only we'll keep some for ourselves next time!
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Fudge >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Fudge >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Fudge >
- Fudge Candy >
- Fudge Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Homemade Fudge >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >