Candy Cane Drop Cookies Recipe
One of our family's favorites, this recipe came about by combining my love of peppermint candy canes and sugar cookies. We drizzle melted white chocolate over the cookies and sprinkling them with coarsely-crushed candy canes for a Christmastime look.—Meg Bagley, Logan, Utah
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup crushed candy canes (about 8), divided
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in 1/3 cup crushed candy canes.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until firm. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies; sprinkle with remaining crushed candy canes. Refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Candy Cane Drop Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Candy Cane Drop Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review