- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup crushed candy canes (about 8), divided
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in 1/3 cup crushed candy canes.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until firm. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies; sprinkle with remaining crushed candy canes. Refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Candy Cane Drop Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Candy Cane Drop Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review