Candy Cane Cheesecake Recipe
This pepperminty cheesecake says "Christmas" at first sight and first bite. The recipe earned me a dairy producer's scholarship. Now, it regularly wins compliments at seasonal parties and teas.
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red liquid or paste food coloring
- Crushed peppermint candy and whipped topping, optional
- 1. Combine the first three ingredients; press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; add flour and mix well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended. Stir in sour cream. Set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt vanilla chips. Remove from the heat. Add 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture, extract and a few drops of food coloring; mix well. Pour half of the remaining cream cheese mixture over crust. Top with half of the peppermint mixture; swirl with a knife. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes longer or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan; cool 1 hour longer.
- 4. Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Garnish with crushed candy and whipped topping if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 233 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Candy Cane Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC