- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red liquid or paste food coloring
- Crushed peppermint candy and whipped topping, optional
- Combine the first three ingredients; press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; add flour and mix well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended. Stir in sour cream. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt vanilla chips. Remove from the heat. Add 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture, extract and a few drops of food coloring; mix well. Pour half of the remaining cream cheese mixture over crust. Top with half of the peppermint mixture; swirl with a knife. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes longer or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Garnish with crushed candy and whipped topping if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Candy Cane Cheesecake
"Can this be frozen?"
"I made this last year and my family loved it! They are asking specifically for this recipe for the holidays. Delicious."
"This was a very pretty cheesecake. It was ok, but it really wasn't sweet enough. The actual cake itself was not nearly as good as I expected."
"This was a very good recipe, but instead of garnishing the cheesecake with peppermint candies, I crushed up some peppermint candies and actually put them in the cheesecake batter. VERY good!"
"I made this for a christmas party & it was gone very quickly...everyone said it was delicious & asked for more, good thing I had other desserts. I substituted Andies peppermint bits for the crushed candy cane bits!!"