Candy Cane Butter Cookies Recipe
Whip up a batch of these special cookies to share with your friends during the holiday season.—American Dairy Assoc, Stacy Duffy, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 to 12 drops red food coloring
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, extracts and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour. Remove half of dough from bowl. Add food coloring to remaining half; mix well. Wrap doughs separately in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- 2. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough from each portion into 4-in. ropes. Place ropes side by side; press together gently and twist. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Curve one end to form a cane. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until firm.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 173 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Candy Cane Butter Cookies
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2011
"cookies kept braking when i tried to roll them"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC