Candy Cane Butter Cookies Recipe
Whip up a batch of these special cookies to share with your friends during the holiday season.—American Dairy Assoc, Stacy Duffy, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 to 12 drops red food coloring
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, extracts and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour. Remove half of dough from bowl. Add food coloring to remaining half; mix well. Wrap doughs separately in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- 2. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough from each portion into 4-in. ropes. Place ropes side by side; press together gently and twist. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Curve one end to form a cane. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until firm.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 173 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Candy Cane Butter Cookies
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2011
"cookies kept braking when i tried to roll them"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC