Candy Cane Blossom Cookies
We like to use different flavors of candy cane in the dough for fun variety. — Joan Cossette, Colbert, Washington
48 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 48 milk chocolate kisses, candy cane kisses or miniature chocolate-covered peppermint patties, unwrapped
- 4 candy canes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freeze kisses in a covered container for at least 1 hour. Place candy
- canes in a food processor; process until finely crushed.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. In another
- bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into
- creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in crushed candy canes. Place 2 in.
- apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Immediately
- press a kiss into center of each cookie. Remove from pans to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.