Candy Bar Pie
Here's a very rich and creamy pie that tastes terrific. A small sliver is all most folks can handle.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 5 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Place candy bar pieces in the pastry shell; set aside. In a large
- bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, sour
- cream and peanut butter; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until
- set. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low
- heat; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 2
- hours or overnight. Cut with a warm knife. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 427 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.