Candy Bar Meringue Torte Recipe
- 6 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), coarsely crushed, divided
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Using a pencil, draw a 10-in. circle on each of two sheets of parchment paper. Place each sheet, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet or pizza pan; set aside.
- 2. Add vanilla and cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- 3. Spread into 10-in. circles on prepared pans. Bake at 225° for 50-60 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours.
- 4. Just before serving, place whipped topping in a large bowl; fold in three candy bars. Place one meringue layer on a serving plate; top with half of topping mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining candy bar. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 251 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (36g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Candy Bar Meringue Torte
"I have not yet made this, but will soon. I am wondering if anyone has tried it using toffee bars?"
"Absolutely delicious and very easy to make!"