Candy Bar Meringue Torte Recipe
“This is one of those 'Where did you get this recipe?' creations! It's simple to make ahead, so it's perfect for having on hand for a large gathering. This is a wonderful finish to a holiday meal or when guests drop by.” Karen Nemeth - Fort McMurray, Alberta
- 6 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), coarsely crushed, divided
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Using a pencil, draw a 10-in. circle on each of two sheets of parchment paper. Place each sheet, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet or pizza pan; set aside.
- Add vanilla and cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread into 10-in. circles on prepared pans. Bake at 225° for 50-60 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours.
- Just before serving, place whipped topping in a large bowl; fold in three candy bars. Place one meringue layer on a serving plate; top with half of topping mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining candy bar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Toffee Meringue Torte in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p43
Reviews for Candy Bar Meringue Torte(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >