This is one of those "Where did you get this recipe?" creations! It's simple to make ahead, so it's perfect for having on hand for a large gathering. This is a wonderful finish to a holiday meal or when guests drop by. —Karen Nemeth, Fort McMurray, Alberta
- 6 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), coarsely crushed, divided
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Using a pencil, draw a 10-in. circle on each of two sheets of parchment paper. Place each sheet, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet or pizza pan; set aside.
- Add vanilla and cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread into 10-in. circles on prepared pans. Bake at 225° for 50-60 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours.
- Just before serving, place whipped topping in a large bowl; fold in three candy bars. Place one meringue layer on a serving plate; top with half of topping mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining candy bar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Toffee Meringue Torte in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p43
Reviews for Candy Bar Meringue Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2011
"I have not yet made this, but will soon. I am wondering if anyone has tried it using toffee bars?"
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2011
"Absolutely delicious and very easy to make!"