Candy Bar Freezer Dessert
In Hoskins, Nebraska, Melissa Heberer combines butter pecan ice cream and instant pudding to create this sweet frozen treat. A crushed Butterfinger candy bar adds crunch to the tasty topping.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 Butterfinger candy bar (2.1 ounces), chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and butter. Pat
- three-fourths of the mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in ice cream until blended. Spread over crust.
- Spread whipped topping over pudding layer.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped candy bar and remaining crumb
- mixture; sprinkle over whipped topping. Cover and freeze for at
- least 2 hours. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 320 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.