- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, buttermilk, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; mix well. Stir in the candy bars.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-third full with batter. Drop filling by tablespoonfuls into the center of each cupcake (cups will be about half full). Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the filling comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in the milk, then confectioners' sugar. Cool until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Candy Bar Cupcakes
Sort By :
"These were okay......I didn't frost them, as I liked how they looked when they came out of the oven, but I think they need the frosting. And I may have over baked them. I will make these again, but with the frosting and will watch my bake time. Sorry if this review doesn't help anyone else, but I need it as a reminder for my recipe box, for when I make them again."
"could use a different candy bar because of peanut allergies and/or ease of cutting up the candy. Frosting very good but even with cooling consistency was not as pictured for volume of swirls on cupcakes. 20 min max baking time"
"Delicious! My family Loved them!"
"With the cream cheese filling, do the cupcakes need to be stored refrigerated?"
"These cupcakes are fantastic--so moist! I made 2 changes--used dark chocolate cocoa powder and reduced-fat cream cheese. The icing is delicious, too!"