Candy Bar Croissants
These croissants taste as good as they look. This rich, buttery treat combines convenient refrigerated crescent rolls and chocolate bars.Beverly Sterling, Gasport, New York
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 plain milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), broken into small pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into triangles. Brush with
- butter. Arrange candy bar pieces evenly over triangles; roll up from
- the wide end.
- Place point side down on a greased baking sheet; curve ends slightly.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 11-13
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 170 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.