Candy Bar Cream Pie
I always get recipe requests when I bring this pie to potlucks. Once, I got six requests after bringing it to a family reunion!—Jane Allen, Promise City, Iowa
8-10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1-2/3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 50 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 16 large marshmallows, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), crushed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the
- bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie dish. Bake at
- 375° for 6-8 minutes. Cool the crust completely.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt marshmallows with milk. Cool;
- transfer to a bowl. Add the whipped topping, crushed candy bars and
- vanilla. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or
- until set. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 272 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.