I always get recipe requests when I bring this pie to potlucks. Once, I got six requests after bringing it to a family reunion!—Jane Allen, Promise City, Iowa
- 1-2/3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 50 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 16 large marshmallows, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), crushed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie dish. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes. Cool the crust completely.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt marshmallows with milk. Cool; transfer to a bowl. Add the whipped topping, crushed candy bars and vanilla. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until set. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Candy Bar Cream Pie in Country Woman July/August 2004, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Candy Bar Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2009
"This pie isn't bad, but the marshmallow flavor is pretty overwhelming. If you like marshmallow, this is the pie for you!"