Candy Bar Cream Pie Recipe
I always get recipe requests when I bring this pie to potlucks. Once, I got six requests after bringing it to a family reunion!Jane Allen, Promise City, Iowa
- 1-2/3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 50 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 16 large marshmallows, chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), crushed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie dish. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes. Cool the crust completely.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt marshmallows with milk. Cool; transfer to a bowl. Add the whipped topping, crushed candy bars and vanilla. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until set. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Candy Bar Cream Pie in Country Woman July/August 2004, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Candy Bar Cream Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2009
This pie isn't bad, but the marshmallow flavor is pretty overwhelming. If you like marshmallow, this is the pie for you!