Candy Bar Cookie Squares Recipe
"Be prepared...these disappear fast!" says Amy Voights of Brodhead, Wisconsin. Her sweets feature chunks of Snickers bars and use a yellow cake mix. "Try a chocolate mix," she suggests.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each) , chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, brown sugar, butter and eggs until well blended. Stir in chopped candy.
- 2. Spread into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC