- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each) , chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, brown sugar, butter and eggs until well blended. Stir in chopped candy.
- Spread into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Candy Bar Cookie Squares
"Kids and adults will love this quick bar cookie! Just about any favorite or leftover candy works well. My recommendations are to chop candy finely and use non-stick spray in pan. Mine need 22 min in oven and once cooled cut very nicely for dessert trays. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I enjoy classic recipes that can be made custom for my family needs."
"Good, and really easy. I used a mix of mini-sized candy bars, and my kids thought they were great. Thanks for sharing the recipe!"
"I made these using a devils food cake mix. I baked 25 minutes and I did add some whipping cream in with the mix as it was too dry using the ingredients as stated. They taste good, but I find them just a little dry. I think they would be awesome using a brownie mix and putting the candy into them. Still good."
"These were amazing--made as written. I've shared the recipe with everyone I know!!!!"
"These were just amazing! I was looking for a different variety of brownie, one that was decadent, yet would really wow the kids. This fit the bill well! I actually sold them at a sale and saved a couple back for my husband and I to enjoy later, and they disappeared too. I would highly recommend them!!"