Candy Bar Coffee Cake
A sweet, nutty topping is the crowning touch to this dessert-like coffee cake from Mrs. Eugene Plager of Grundy Center, Iowa. "It tastes especially good when warm," she adds.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until
- mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. To
- the remaining crumb mixture, add baking soda and salt. Beat egg,
- buttermilk and vanilla; add to the crumb mixture and mix well. Pour
- into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Combine candy bars, pecans
- and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over the top. Bake at 350°
- for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 414 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.