"With this recipe, you can easily create a cheesecake that tastes like a fancy store-bought treat," Julie Cervenka relates from Ballwin, Missouri. "It's always requested when I'm asked to bring dessert to a function."
- 1-3/4 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 28 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), coarsely chopped, divided
- Additional chocolate syrup
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); securely wrap foil around pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Stir in 2-1/2 cups chopped candy bars. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 75-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with remaining chopped candy bars; drizzle with additional chocolate syrup. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Candy Bar Cheesecake in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p49
Reviews for Candy Bar Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review