Candy Bar Brownies Recipe
"Two kinds of candy bars baked into these brownies make them an extra special treat," relates field editor Sharon Evans, who's from Clear Lake, Iowa.
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Snickers bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 plain milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside 1/4 cup. Stir remaining dry ingredients into the egg mixture until well combined. Toss Snickers pieces with reserved flour mixture; stir into batter.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with milk chocolate candy bar pieces. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Chill before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC