- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 large apples, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 4 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Fold in apples and candy bars. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Candy Bar Apple Salad
Sort By :
"I read reviews to see how others have tweeked your recipes or for actual reviews Taste Of Home but reading about how some idiot emptied his babies diaper into cool whip or how someone cant believe its a salad and would only serve it to make someone diabetic blah blah blah! Really??? Is it really necessary to allow these kind of posts? I'm giving the" RECIPE" 5 stars by the way!!"
"I made this dish last year, and it went over so well I'm making again. It's a great combination of sweet and tart with the candy bars and granny smith's. It is also best to make and serve right away, as it can get watery from the fruit. As for the person who says its not a salad and won't give people diabetes, this is called a DESERT SALAD!"
"How is this salad? It's dessert. I would only serve this to people if I wanted them to be diabetic. I don't invite people to my house to do that to them."
"One time, I couldn't afford apples, so I emptied my babby's diaper into some Cool Whip, and nobody was the wiser. Thanks, Taste Of Home!"
"Received a similar recipe from a friend. Have made it several times. The only difference is her recipe did not call for pudding. Just the whipped topping. Very good. If you're in a time crunch, it would save time. Will try it with the pudding. See which one I prefer."