- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 large apples, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 4 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping. Fold in apples and candy bars. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Candy Bar Apple Salad
Sort By :
"I agree. This is a great recipe for dessert. Omission of the milk held the recipe together. Whether dessert or salad it is delicious. It's a winner!!!!"
"I got a very similar recipe from my mother-in-law, but it doesn't use milk. You just sprinkle the instant pudding mix over the apples/snickers, toss gently to coat, and then fold in the Cool Whip. I haven't had trouble with it getting watery, and I wonder if the omission of the milk gives the water from the apples a place to go. This is a favorite in our house!"
"I read reviews to see how others have tweeked your recipes or for actual reviews Taste Of Home but reading about how some idiot emptied his babies diaper into cool whip or how someone cant believe its a salad and would only serve it to make someone diabetic blah blah blah! Really??? Is it really necessary to allow these kind of posts? I'm giving the" RECIPE" 5 stars by the way!!"
"I made this dish last year, and it went over so well I'm making again. It's a great combination of sweet and tart with the candy bars and granny smith's. It is also best to make and serve right away, as it can get watery from the fruit. As for the person who says its not a salad and won't give people diabetes, this is called a DESERT SALAD!"
"How is this salad? It's dessert. I would only serve this to people if I wanted them to be diabetic. I don't invite people to my house to do that to them."