Candy Apple Pie Recipe
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lime juice. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; add to apples and toss lightly.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust and trim even with edge; fill with apple mixture. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges; cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender.
- For topping, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and cream; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in pecans.
- Pour over top crust. Bake 3-4 minutes longer or until bubbly. Place on a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Candy Apple Pie(9)
Sort By :
Loved it! Just added a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it was the perfect sweetness! Very easy to make also.
My grandfather was a baker and after he passed I always used his receipe for Apple pie until I found this, this is the best pie I have ever made. My husband ate the whole thing.
Although this isn't the exact recipe I have and made, it's the closest one. The recipe that I have from Taste of Home calls for 1/2 tsp cinn. or nutmeg. Under topping it calls for 1/4 cup butter/margarine, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 T heavy cream, and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. I've had this recipe card for probably 17 years and this is the first time I've made this pie. It was excellent and my kids loved it as much as the apple pie that I make every Thanksgiving and Christmas.
This pie is delicious! I took it to a family reunion and three people asked me for the recipe. I made it again for a family dinner and everyone enjoyed it. The caramel topping makes it.
I won a Pie Contest with this recipe!! I make it several times a year for different occassions...sometimes, just because :) Easy and So Yummy!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Best Apple Pie Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >