Candlelight Stew Recipe
This stew has been tops in our home for years. The aroma as it bakes makes everyone's mouth water and the gravy is divine on mashed potatoes.—Gertie Brooks, Almost, Michigan
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1. Brown meat in hot oil; salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Transfer to 2-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 350° about 2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Add small amount of beef broth if you like more gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Candlelight Stew
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC