Candlelight Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup Burgundy wine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1. Brown meat in hot oil; salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Transfer to 2-qt. baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 350° about 2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Add small amount of beef broth if you like more gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Candlelight Stew
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.